There’s no better date night than the classic dinner and a movie. The movie is the easy part, but where you should you take your sweetie out to eat? Someplace that’s intimate, cozy, and candlelit is always a good choice. We’re here to help take the guesswork out of date night dinners with this list of romantic foodie destinations. All of the restaurants listed here have delicious food, and a romantic setting–perfect for romancing the special someone in your life.
Local Chop and Grill House–Harrisonburg
Local Chop and Grill House boasts super-local, expertly-prepared dishes. They’re located in a renovated historic building, the City Produce Exchange Building, which adds to the intimacy and charming feel of the place. Just looking for a nightcap? Their onsite bar, The Local Bar, is one of the most highly-reviewed bars in the Shenandoah region.
Other Romantic Options in the Shenandoah Valley:
- Osteria 510 in Front Royal: Classic Italian food in a quaint setting
- La Table Provençale in White Pos: Fine French Dining and expertly paired wine
- Bella Luna Wood-Fired Pizza in Harrisonburg: A warm, inviting atmosphere and a pizza to split with your honey
Helen’s has been Richmond’s choice for date night since 1935. During its history, it has transformed from a beer bar and juke joint to a cozy, intimate spot for foodies. They have small plates for sharing with your sweetie, in addition to yummy full-sized entrees if your date is not the food-sharing type. No shame there, sometimes you just wanna eat!
Other Romantic Options in Central Virginia:
- The Broken Tulip in Richmond: Featuring an ever-changing tasting menu for your favorite foodie
- Acacia Mid-Town in Richmond: Classy atmosphere with great seafood and wine selection
- Lucy’s Restaurant in Richmond: Small, intimate, super tasty
- Fleurie Restaurant in Charlottesville: Their themed Sunday Dinner events are peak date-night material
- The Ivy Inn Restaurant in Charlottesville: Fresh, thoughtful food in a charming historic house setting
Manhattan-style fine dining in Southwest Virginia? Lucky merges these two styles is an unforgettable way. Fresh, local food, hand-crafted cocktails, and muted amber lighting creates the perfect setting for a relaxing romantic evening. If you and your mate are on the stylish side, Lucky is a great place to wine and dine.
Other Romantic Options in Southwest Virginia:
- The Shack in Staunton: Critically-acclaimed Southern eats with a cozy atmosphere
- Les Cochons d’Or in Hot Springs: French-inspired dining and a killer wine selection
Field and Main–Marshall
Field and Main has a unique outlook when it comes to food: they’re all about relationships–with people, the land, and what comes out of it. So what better place to celebrate your own relationship in? Field and Main’s hearth provides a warm, romantic atmosphere, and getting the chance to eat quality hearth-fired food is always a win.
Other Romantic Options in Northern Virginia:
- Claire’s at the Depot in Warrenton: Fine dining in a stylish, refurbished train depot
- The Inn at Little Washington in Washington: Top-notch food in luxurious and warm space
- The Confident Rabbit in Fredericksburg: Sophisticated locale with an expansive oyster selection
- Vermilion in Alexandria: Modern American cooking with exceptional service and a warm atmosphere
- The Restaurant at Patowmack Farm in Lovettsville: Upscale Farm dining with an unbeatable view
LeGrand Kitchen is a self-styled “finer diner” in the heart of Norfolk’s Highland Park neighborhood. Its cozy 28-seat footprint and ever-changing, seasonally-focused menu has made LeGrand the ultimate date-night destination for Norfolk residents since their opening in 2014. Their friendly staff and attention to detail are sure to impress your date and keep you coming back for more.
Other Romantic Options in Coastal Virginia:
- Gabriel Archer Tavern at the Williamsburg Winery in Williamsburg: Fine wine and southern-inspired food with cozy colonial feel
- Zoës Steak & Seafood in Virginia Beach: Beachfront dining with a classy, inviting atmosphere
- Aldo’s Ristorante in Virginia Beach: Upscale Italian eats with an expansive wine selection
- Todd Jurich’s Bistro in Norfolk: Award-winning food served in a casually elegant setting
Ahh, romance. Eating an excellent meal with your special someone is truly the best way to spend an evening. Add a few glasses of wine and something sweet for dessert, and everyone will be feeling the love. Hopefully, our list of the most romantic restaurants in Virginia will inspire you to treat your sweetie to a night of good food and good company. Bon Appétit!
The post Date Night Ideas: Romantic Restaurants in Virginia appeared first on Virginia’s Travel Blog.