Our team at Virginia Tourism is still on cloud nine after a visit from the four charming Brits behind SORTEDfood, the YouTube sensation with more than 1.2 million subscribers and 135 million views. In late April, Ben, Barry, Mike and Jamie, the foursome behind SORTEDfood, announced that they were paring up with the TODAY Show on a culinary road trip across America. Beginning in L.A., the guys would travel across the country – but only visiting places suggested by fans on social media using the hashtag #LostAndHungry.
We decided that SORTEDfood absolutely had to come to Virginia, so we launched a social media and PR campaign inviting them to come to the Commonwealth.
— SORTEDfood (@sortedfood) May 15, 2015
It worked! The lads from SORTED came to Virginia as their penultimate stop on their Lost & Hungry Tour of the United States, and we sure had a blast following their travels throughout the Commonwealth!
The guys farmed for oysters …
… made super ceviche salads on the James River …
… harvested for food, had lots of pie, and tasted Virginia cider.
They even gave us a shout out on the TODAY Show!
The guys from SORTEDfood had an amazing time in Virginia – you can check out their entire Virginia story here.
You don’t have to be a British YouTube star to get lost and hungry in Virginia! Eat your way through the Commonwealth with these sample itineraries from SORTEDfood’s #LostAndHungry tour.
– LOST AND HUNGRY IN RICHMOND –
- Breakfast at Sub Rosa Bakery
- Lunch at Proper Pie Company
- Tour & Tasting at Blue Bee Cider
- Tour & Tasting at Hardywood Park Craft Brewery
- Oyster Happy Hour at Rappahannock
- Dinner at Pasture
- Overnight at The Jefferson Hotel
– LOST AND HUNGRY IN NORTHERN NECK & EASTERN SHORE –
- Breakfast at The Local (Irvington)
- Lunch at Merroir (Topping)
- Drive to Eastern Shore
- Kayak to Chatham Vineyards with Southeast Expeditions
- Wine Tasting at Chatham Vineyards
- Dinner at The Shanty (Cape Charles)
- Overnight at Hotel Cape Charles
– LOST AND HUNGRY IN LOUDOUN COUNTY –
- Breakfast at Market Salamander
- Lunch and Farm Tour at Patowmack Farms
- A Stop for Sweets at Mom’s Apple Pie
- Distilling Spirits at Catoctin Creek Distillery
- Wine Tasting at Tarara Winery
- Dinner at Harrimans at Salamander Resort & Spa
- Overnight at Goodstone Inn
What suggestions would you have if the guys from SORTED came back to Virginia? Share your suggested foodie itineraries in the comments below!
© clogan for Virginia’s Travel Blog, 2015. |